TRUCK ACCIDENT Lawyers IN SAN DIEGO
Getting legal help as soon as possible after a serious trucking accident is extremely important. Any accident that involves a commercial truck could leave you with significant physical injuries as well as property damage. In the event that you or someone you know has already been involved in such a wreck, getting critical medical care and contacting a knowledgeable San Diego truck accident attorney is essential to protecting your legal rights.
Take Action Quickly to Protect Your Rights
Given that you have a limited period of time in which to file a truck accident lawsuit, you need to consult with a knowledgeable attorney as soon as possible. Your San Diego truck accident attorney can help you craft a legal strategy for your case and secure the crucial detail. A typical commercial truck that has been fully loaded with cargo can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds.
Due to this disparity in size, any collision involving a small passenger vehicle and a truck can lead to life threatening or even fatal injuries. You may suffer additional injuries depending on the nature of the freight carried by the commercial truck.
You may also be at a higher risk for critical injuries in the event that your passenger vehicle is involved in a trucking accident. As an example, if there are hazardous or flammable materials on the truck, you may suffer secondary injuries like respiratory problems and burns.
Liability a Key Element After a Crash
One of the greatest challenges in commercial trucking accident lawsuits is in determining liable parties. Multiple parties may be liable in the event of a San Diego truck accident. For example, if the employer was negligent in training the employee, then you may have a claim against both the driver and the trucking company.
In the event that defective parts on a truck contributed to the severe accident, you may also have a claim against the manufacturer of those parts. Having an experienced attorney who has worked with cases like these before is critical for protecting your rights and ensuring that you have someone advocating for you over the duration of your case.
Whether it is a trucking company, the driver or another party, in a trucking accident case you will argue that the plaintiff has a duty to exercise reasonable care in order to avoid injury. If the defendant fails to exercise this reasonable care, or in other words, breached the duty of reasonable care, and you suffered injuries as a result, you may be eligible to recover compensation via a trucking accident lawsuit.
A San Diego trucking accident can happen anywhere, whether it is a major highway or a rural location. No matter where or how the accident happens, the chances of being seriously injured are quite high in a truck crash.
Common Causes of San Diego Truck Accidents
There are several different common causes of trucking accidents that may be involved in your case. These include:
- Turning accidents. Given that commercial vehicles are extremely long, they can be difficult to manipulate and to turn. It is frequently necessary for a commercial vehicle driver to use as many as two lanes of traffic in order to obtain a right turn. If the driver was negligent in making a turn, however, and this led to severe injuries on your part, you may be entitled to recover compensation.
- Jackknifing. Big rig vehicles like an 18-wheeler may be more likely to jackknife in particular conditions such as suddenly turning or braking. Your lawyer may need to evaluate the scene of the accident to determine whether or not the operator of the vehicle was negligent and caused the truck to jackknife.
- Drowsy driving. If a driver is tired behind the wheel of the truck, he or she may be more likely to have lapses in judgment or to even fall asleep while operating the vehicle.
- Distracted driving. Truck drivers have to follow strict regulations in order to minimize the chances of accidents but unfortunately, when their focus is pulled away from the road for even a couple of seconds, you may be the one who suffers critical injuries in an accident due to the sheer size and weight of a commercial vehicle.
- Drunk driving. If a commercial vehicle driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the accident, he or she could cause a multiple car pile-up and numerous injuries and fatalities.
Free Case Consultations
If you have recently been injured in a San Diego truck accident, you need to have your case carefully evaluated by a knowledgeable San Diego truck accident attorney. Contact The May Firm today for your free consultation.