CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS IN SAN DIEGO
Construction is one of the most dangerous industries for employees across the United States and in San Diego. Construction workers are called upon to carry out a variety of important projects involving homes, public buildings and businesses. However, these construction workers often do so at great risk for their own safety.
While workers are certainly at a higher risk of serious injury on the worksite, those walking around or near a worksite might also be at higher risk of a serious injury. If you’ve been injured at a construction site, contact a San Diego construction accident attorney immediately to secure to your legal rights.
Even though construction site safety has been an issue for both companies working on these sites and government regulators, accidents can and do still happen and they can alter the future of a construction worker’s life for the long term.
How The May Firm Can Help
As committed San Diego construction accident lawyers, we are skilled in handling cases where a construction employee was hurt on the job. Our law firm is dedicated to helping you from start to finish with your construction accident claim.
If you or someone you know is injured in a construction site accident, you may be entitled to recover compensation with the help of an experienced attorney. You may be eligible to file workers’ compensation claims in order to receive compensation for your injuries. It is vital to have a knowledgeable attorney on your side during this situation, particularly if there is also a third party liability claim involved.
Common San Diego Construction Site Accidents and Injuries
Men and women who work in the construction industry are exposed to the risks of harm every single day on the job. However, accidents can also impact passersby who are not warned appropriately of construction site dangers. A passerby, for example, could be struck on the head with a piece of equipment that falls from a high level.
Here are some of the most common causes of injuries on construction sites that could lead to a construction accident claim:
- Machinery accidents. Vehicles, machines and tools on any construction site always have a chance of malfunctioning which could lead to critical injury for bystanders or the operator. These accidents can lead to injuries like crushed limbs, shrapnel wounds and death.
- Electrocution. In nearly every construction project, electrical wiring and electrocution risk is involved. Working with operating equipment, cranes, near overhead wires and machinery can all increase the chances of a construction accident.
- Fall injuries. Falling from heights is the most common cause of severe injuries and can be very deadly. If the victim survives the accident, they may suffer permanent and severe injuries like paralysis, broken bones, head injuries and internal organ damage.
- Vehicle accidents. When vehicles on a construction site malfunction or are involved in a crash, pedestrians and operators of the vehicle may be critically injured.
- Toxic substance exposure. Construction site workers have a higher risk of being exposed to dangerous materials like chemical agents, smoke and asbestos, which can lead to serious injuries or illnesses.
Injuries from Construction Site Accidents
Some of the most common injuries sustained by construction site workers in San Diego include hearing damage, vision loss, crushed limbs, spinal cord injuries, amputated limbs, paralysis, burns, back injuries, and other permanent disabilities. Whether it is through negotiations outside of court or in a personal injury claim in litigation, you need someone fighting for your best interests.
Protecting Your Rights with a Construction Site Injury Lawyer
When you are facing all the repercussions of an accident, it can feel like your life is out of control. One of the few things you may be able to control is whether or not you file a personal injury claim. This may be your only way to recover compensation after a serious accident. Construction is dangerous, but you have rights if the accident was caused by another person’s negligence.
Free Construction Accident Case Consultations
We understand just how difficult it is to suffer through and try to recover from a serious work injury. Financial hardship, pain, and concerns about whether you’ll ever actually be able to work again can leave you no energy or time to pursue a construction site claim. These cases can be extremely complex, making it all the more important to hire the right attorney.
Protect your future and your rights and contact a San Diego construction accident attorney right away. Consultations are always free.