Auto Accident Attorney | San Luis Obispo CA
The rate of auto accidents is staggering high. Every year, there are approximately five million car accidents that lead to over 40,000 deaths and injuries. Auto accident make up a significant amount of personal injury claims filed in civil courts. Compensation for personal injury and property damage from auto accidents can reach up to $150 billion annually. An auto accident has very serious consequences and a San Luis Obispo Injury Lawyer usually lend their expertise to help you go through the process.
San Luis Obispo Car Accident Video
What to Do If You Are Involved in an Auto Accident
If you are involved in an auto accident, here some important things to do:
- Do not leave the scene of the auto accident. If you are able, move your vehicle off the roadway and activate your hazard warning to warn oncoming traffic.
- Exchange vital information with other parties involved in the auto accident. Write down the names, addresses, phone numbers and license numbers of the drivers involved as well as their insurance company and policy numbers. If there are witnesses, get their names and contact details too.
- Call the police to report the accident. Their official report will be very instrumental when you file your personal injury claim.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and record witnesses’ accounts. These information will be very useful for car accident lawyers in building a solid case for your claim.
- Call your personal injury lawyer. They can guide you to say the right things to the police and prevent you from giving out information that may harm your case. Your heightened emotions may cause you to blurt out words that can be used to your disadvantage when you seek personal injury compensation.
- Seek medical attention for your injuries as soon as possible. Some injuries may not be apparent to you and you need professional doctors to thoroughly check your condition. A medical report is also vital for your personal injury claim.
The financial compensation you receive for your personal injury may vary depends on multiple factors, which includes the nature of your injury, the insurance coverage available and other important factors. A San Luis Obispo injury injury lawyer will be able to answer your questions. Auto accident lawyers are more knowledgeable in the different laws governing vehicular accidents and it is best to seek their counsel if you are involved in one.
Accident Attorneys | The May Firm
Our auto accident attorneys will answer all of your questions and provide you with answers to all of your questions. Being injured in an auto accident can change your life forever.